Friday, October 14, 2011

Live it like a Movie...

I know it's been a little while since my last post... but things have been CRAZY here! Even though Dominic is in therapy almost 5 hours a day, I some how am crazy busy all the time! When Dude is around, there's lots of trips to the bathroom, because he can tell me now when he has to go. And, when he's gone, I'm cleaning up everything that doesn't get cleaned when he's here, making myself eat when I can, showering when I can... 
10/14/2011 Crashing into things :)

Some GREAT news here... Remember when we got transfered to Legacy Emanuel?? Dominic couldn't do anything for himself... infact, he didn't even want to get out of bed for the most part! 

Now, he's not only moving his right side... A LOT, but,
 he's able to hold himself in a sitting position...
 he's using his right arm to help him sit up... 
he's opening both hands... 
he's holding a pencil with his left hand... 
he can feed himself...
AND...
HE'S WALKING!

being silly
Okay well, when he walks, he looks a little bit like Weekend at Burnies, but he's walking on his own! He also gets a little bit tired as he walks... but he's walking ten's hundred's of feet at a time! I'm so proud of him! 

It's so crazy to think of how I felt that day when we found out that he had had a stroke. I was scared and I didn't know what to think, or what to expect. Anyone who has ever met Dude... knows him for his charming personality. If he couldn't get that back.. what would he be like? On top of that, sports are his life! He had been looking forward to this surgery so that he could actually keep up with the other kids... and this is what happens. 

Occupational Therapy with Alaina
... and Toren
Funny thing though, during surgery, Dr. Armsby came out and was chatting with us just about him and life... She had mentioned just how strong she believed Dominic to be. She had said that there was only so much she could do and so much she was doing.. Dominic had always met her more than half way. His will has kept him with us more than any medical procedure ever could. 

(: Portland :)
Music Therapy: Dominic Playing the Guitar
I think that this trip has shown that her belief is more than true. Dominic is not only my love, but my strength, my courage, my fighter, my everything. I have to say, I come from a long line of people who don't like to be told what to do. I also come from a longer line of people who are willing to work hard for what they want and what they believe in and it has all come to a head with him. He is the epitome of all of the above. He is only 5 and has told the doctors, No! I am going to make it through all of this... And he has worked harder than all of us combined. It makes me so incredibly proud. (As I've said a million times before hehe)

Have any of you been thinking about the lantern idea?? Because, you might want to start thinking about getting those lanterns in your possession. I have this hunch that something big might happen soon :)






I hope you all are having an amazing day like we are!
And sorry the video is sideways :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and Dominic and this post brought tears to my eyes. My heart fills with love for both of you. xo Trina

    ReplyDelete