Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Today, I started working on Dominic's story so that I could share it with people. I have come to notice so much!  Until I started actually typing it all out, I didn't understand all that I went through. I'm on page 4 and I'm hardly through the significant occasions that happened in the first week of his life! It's still so surreal to me, that when I reread it, it feels like an out of body experience. I feel like I'm reading someone else's life because, I just don't remember all of the feelings attached to the actions that were happening around me. Some how I started to realize, it isn't just Dominic's story.... it's OUR Story. 

It's funny that I chose this day to write about all of this. The day that Jesus rose from the grave. The day of the rebirth of my savior. In a way, becoming a mother to anyone is like a rebirth. For me, it was a complete mortification of the old me. Being a mom to my Dude has completely changed everything about who I am and what I stand for. It changed the way I look at life. It has shown me the significance of positive thinking and forgiveness. There is so much more to life than I realized until I had a child of my own; and that realization grew even bigger when I entered the situation we are in.






Dominc, my love, your teachings are spreading quick. Your joy enlightens many. Keep it up kiddo! I love you.

{Today, Alaina, my 7 year old step-daughter got baptized. She decided that she loved and believed in Jesus with her whole heart and she was ready to be baptized. I cried, I was so proud of her. Afterward, we were talking about it and she told me that the pastor explained everything and she understood it very well. She said, "Whitney, when I went into the water I had my heart, but after I was dunked, Jesus gave me a new heart. Maybe Dominic should try that!" [so that he could get a new heart] What a sweetheart!}

No comments:

Post a Comment